A compilation of the best holiday cocktails with drinks from eggnog to Rum to Bourbon.
I love making cocktails over the holidays; everything about them is festive.
Pretty, red, sparkling and filled with the scents and colors of the season. Cranberry, pomegranate and champagne are balanced with the indulgences we allow ourselves during this season when a warm drink with tequila, hot chocolate or coffee fills the bill perfectly.
I hope you’ll find something in this mix of the Best of Holiday Cocktails to celebrate with…and CHEERS to you and a Very Merry Christmas!
Hot Buttered Rum – The cocktail featured today has been a family favorite for EVER. My family clamors for the cocktail and my friends are never unhappy when a jar of this mix is included in holiday gift baskets.
It’s rich and decadent and absolutely delicious! Not just for Christmas; we usually keep a jar in the freezer all winter long! (Recipe at end of post)
Mandarine Napoléon’s Marengo’s Punch – The perfect party drink with mandarine liqueur, cranberry and citrus juices. Make a whole bowl full!
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail – The darling of Pinterest is really a wonderful, fresh cocktail filled with the tastes of the season. After all juniper is a major component of gin!
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with Tequila – What can I say? This is flat out AMAZING!
Kahlua, Eggnog with Jameson Irish Whiskey Cocktail – Need I say more? Definitely pumps up the volume on your eggnog; SO good!
How to Make Cranberry Liqueur and the Perfect Holiday Champagne Cocktail – This is my favorite liqueur. Easy and so gorgeous; perfect for gift giving and YOU!
Mexican Hot Chocolate with Tequila and Cayenne Pepper – Want to warm up a winter drink a bit more? Use tequila!
Lady in Red – Celebrating the Day after Thanksgiving as a time to relax and sip a cocktail; this beauty is a great drink for all season!
Mexican Coffee – I don’t advise this for breakfast (wait…why not?) but this warm and spicy drink would be perfect in front of the fire during the cold of winter.
French 75 Champagne Cocktail – Not just for New Year’s, this elegant champagne cocktail is perfect for a special evening or event.
Plus, look for a new cocktail next week on Friday Cocktails. Made with gin, citrus, cucumber and pomegranate; it is absolutely amazing. And pretty. And AMAZING. 🙂
Have a favorite cocktail you serve during the holidays…link them up below; I’ve shown you mine and would love to see yours!
Now for that Hot Buttered Rum…it’s below ZERO degrees in Denver…BRRRRRRRR!!!
Hot Buttered Rum
- ! For the batter:
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- !To Make the cocktail:
- 1 orange; quartered
- Rimming sugar; half granulated and half brown sugar spread on a plate
- 4 oz. boiling water
- 2 oz. rum
- 2-3 Tbsp. hot buttered rum batter
- Whipped cream add a small bit of rum for a rum flavored one
- Nutmeg and/or cinnamon stick for garnish
To Make the Batter:
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into container(s), seal, and freeze.
- Warm the mugs or glasses to be used by filling with hot water; then empty.
- Rim the edge of the mug or glass with the cut orange and dip the rim in the combination of white and brown sugars.
- Squeeze the juice from a quarter of the orange into the mug.
- Fill the mug with the hot water and then add the rum and the batter.
- Stir, top with a dollop of whipped cream (optional) and a sprinkle of nutmeg.