For a spectacular holiday celebration, include the Pomegranate Ginger Sparkler. As beautiful as this is; it’s also easy for a crowd. Just mix up the ingredients, pour into glasses and top with chilled sparkling wine. Done!
I love making festive cocktails for the holiday season and sometimes they are the easiest; the sparkling wine component adds so much that the base can be as simple as a favorite liqueur or even a favorite juice. The Pomegranate Ginger Sparkler is the perfect example.
I’ve served this cocktail from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve. It’s beautiful, festive and yes, delicious too! It was THE hit at a NYE party I had a couple of years ago; it’s gorgeous and so perfect for the season, it’s certainly time that I brought it out of Archives with new photos and shared it again with you. Something old is new again!
This cocktail is simple to make but so perfectly beautiful. Pomegranate juice, lemon, ginger and sugar are all simmered together for a few minutes then chilled and topped off with champagne or another sparkling wine. Sounds simple right? And it is. Simply the best.
Seriously one of my favorite cocktails for the holidays every year. It’s all about that touch of ginger. And it is just a touch but it adds such a nice little zing to this beauty that makes the end result perfect. The color, the taste, the sparkle…all of it.
It’s perfect for a party too. No dealing with measuring while guests wait, just make a batch and simply pour into glasses and top with chilled Champagne or Prosecco. Whether you’re having guests around your Thanksgiving table or stay up til all hours planning your own European New Years (Midnight in France is only 4pm in Denver!), this should be on your list of have to haves; it’s that good.
I’ve decorated mine with candied lemon slices and they are beautiful but for more ease, you can use a thinly sliced lemon.
I hope you’ll try this for one of your festivities. I find my guests look most forward to what cocktails I’ll be making so I put my time and attention towards them…and ask them to each bring an appetizer to share. It works for everyone and I love sharing cocktail creations with my neighbors. We all get along so well; hmm, maybe it’s the booze! 🙂
PIN Pomegranate Ginger Sparkler’
To Make the Pomegranate Mixer
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar, more if your taste wants something sweeter)
- 3 inch knob of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
To Make the Cocktail
- 1 Bottle Chilled Champagne
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish, Optional - see notes for recipe for candied lemon slices as shown
- Combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool then strain the liquid into a glass container. Refrigerate until cold.
- To serve
- Fill 6 champagne glasses with the pomegranate mixer. Top with chilled sparkling wine.
- Add fresh pomegranate arils (seeds) to the glass and garnish the rim with a lemon slice if desired.
Candied Lemon Slices - Visit http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/candied-lemon-slices for the recipe I used.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g