Disaranno Velvet Liqueur is a cream version of Disaronno’s famous amaretto liqueur. Mixed with vodka and coffee liqueur in this Disaronno Velvet Espresso Martini Cocktail, it makes a delicious after dinner cocktail for special occasions; like the weekend!
You might think I made this cocktail just for Valentine’s Day what with the day of publishing and the ubiquitous ripe red strawberry, but you would be wrong. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fabulous cocktail for this day of sweets and sweethearts, but don’t let it stop here.
While I’ve blended this liqueur that was just released in 2020 with both vodka and coffee liqueur for this Disaronno Velvet Espresso Martini, it’s equally fantastic served over the rocks as a evening beverage all summer long. Disaronno Velvet is the ideal choice to cool off this coming summer, thanks also to its low alcohol content (ABV 17%).
As for me, hold the ice cream, I’ll take one of these please!
When my two girls were old enough to have a cocktail at home, yes, meaning they were not old enough to go out to drink, I would make them something similar to this called a White Russian. Cream, Vodka, and Kahlua in a lowball glass on the rocks. We would sit out back in the garden and sip our grownup drinks and have some grownup discussions too.
Nothing has changed for me; I still want my girls, now all grown up, to come sit with me in the garden and try one of these; I know they would love them too.
The signature bottle of Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur, with a “square cap”, also has a brand new shape with a very elegant, contemporary total white look. We think the packaging is beautiful and nicely representative of what you will find inside; a delicious white, creamy liqueur with the amaretto flavor of classic Disaronno.
A new product, perfect for those who love creams with an intense aroma: the distinctive taste of the most popular Italian liqueur in the world takes on unexpected nuances. Incredibly smooth, Disaronno Velvet masterfully and harmoniously mixes the distinctive imprinting of classic Disaronno, which has won over generations, leaving its mark with velvety notes.
The recipe could not be easier; only three ingredients (for two cocktails):
- 3 ounces of Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur
- 1 ounce of coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua)
- 1 ounce of vodka
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Garnish
All are mixed in a cocktail shaker with ice and shaken until super cold. I served mine with a chocolate covered strawberry for this weekend but you could also simply sprinkle with some grated chocolate as a garnish. Try it in a rocks glass over ice too; either method makes for a sophisticated and delicious dessert presentation.
The distinguishing flavor of this cocktail is the Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur so the additions of both coffee liqueur and vodka are in lesser amounts. Served ice cold, my only concern was that my taste tester would gulp it down, it has such a smooth finish. One of those cocktails where you have to admonish others and yourself, “There’s booze in this drink, slow down!”
If you would like to add your own chocolate covered strawberries, it’s really easy.
- Melt chocolate (I used Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate), in a small microwave bowl on medium heat for 15 second increments, stirring between each increment, until melted.
- Find your prettiest berries and dip them in the chocolate. Lay them on parchment paper or waxed paper and put in the fridge for at least ten 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- When you’re ready to serve, use a sharp knife and warm it with a lighter or candle flame (we don’t want to break the chocolate). Gently cut the berry in half from the bottom, up about 2/3 of the berry, separate and attach to rim of glass. Make a couple extra, they are so easy to eat!
This Disaronno Velvet Espresso Martini Cocktail would be equally delicious with summer cherries too…Cheers!
PIN IT! ‘Disaronno Velvet Espresso Martini’
- 3 ounce Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur (Kahlua or Tia Maria)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries or Chocolate Shavings
- Combine the Disaronno Velvet with the vodka and coffee liqueur in an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake until ice cold and then pour into a martini glass or lowball glass, either straight or over ice.
- Garnish with strawberry or chocolate shavings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn revenue from qualifying purchases.