Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer is a delicious drink for Spring and Summer festivities. Make as a mocktail for a neighborhood get together with adults and teens and it easily becomes a cocktail with a splash of vodka!
This might shock my regular readers…and my friends and family too, but I made a mocktail! No, I’m not going dry but I needed something for adults and teens and this Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer was perfect.
Going from Mocktail to Cocktail is easy enough; I knew that adding a splash of vodka would satisfy the adults. But the kids who used to come over and get juice boxes when they were five are all fourteen now and I thought I would make a beverage to serve everyone; no more delineation between adults and kids.
It’s not that different from homemade lemonade. Instead of a simple syrup made with water and sugar, this one is made with blueberry juice and sugar. The two are warmed until the berries pop and the juice further expressed by pressing the soft berries through a sieve.
After that it’s simply adding the syrup to fresh squeezed lemon juice and some sparkling water and voila…Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer!
In Colorado, Spring is iffy…one day it’s 75° and the next day it’s a blizzard, so I felt blessed that I could sneak in a quick get together on a nice day last weekend…honestly there is snow outside again now!
I love having neighbors over on my deck; I’m the only one with a covered porch and I’ve included a few things to make it more private too; like a privacy fence on the deck between my porch and the neighbors yard.
Which protects my bar. A bar I won from BLAKE SHELTON! Yep Blake did a contest, and doggone it, my New England Bloody Mary won! I’m glad I had the room because it is so perfect for summer entertaining!
And see…that’s one of those now too grownup for juice boxes kids…don’t worry though, no vodka for her (or Hope the dog)!OK, OK…I confess; the privacy fence also shields me from a yard that is a total mess. I work so hard on my yard; having to stare at theirs when I was outside was literally heartbreaking…so privacy fence it was!
Try these Blueberry Lemonade Spritzers for your family or a large gathering…they are truly perfect for a crowd!
- Cherry Mint Spritzer Cocktail
- Pomegranate and Blood Orange Tequila Spritzer
- Raspberry Iced Tea Spritzer Cocktail
- Aperol Spritz
PIN IT! ‘Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer’
Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer
Rosé Wine Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Rosé wine
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Cocktail
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup Rosé wine simple syrup
- 6 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 6 ounces vodka (optional)
To Make the Rose Wine Syrup
- Combine wine and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves; remove from heat and let cool. Chill until ready to use.
To Make the Cocktail
- Combine blueberries, half of the lemon juice, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the berries begin to soften and burst.
- Strain the mixture over a pitcher; discarding all of the solids. Add the remaining lemon juice and wine simple syrup to taste. Mix and if possible chill for at least an hour.
- Put ice cubes in glasses. Divide blueberry lemonade mixture into four glasses and stir. Add 1.5 ounces of vodka per serving if using.
- Top with sparkling water, stir gently and garnish with lemon slices and blueberries.