If you love bakery treats, try this Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze. It’s fast, easy and tastes absolutely delicious without all the rising time!
My inspiration for this Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze was something I decided not to have; namely a pan of bakery goodies that a local company was willing to deliver to our neighborhood. I almost did; even talked to a friend about sharing some but eventually wisdom prevailed and my craving was satisfied in my kitchen.
My neighbor Emily has two young girls, mom figured they would prefer the vanilla glazed variety and I was hankering for the pecan ones. But really that was never a point of contention; we just decided to not spend our money, pure and simple. But I was inspired and the best part is I got both; a cinnamon and pecan mixture woven throughout the bread with a cream cheese glaze to top it off. Perfect right?
I made these Saturday afternoon and by 4pm on Sunday both loaves were gone. Considering that I’m quarantined alone that was either a HUGE amount of bread for one person or something else was at play. If you chose the second option, you would be right.
What a day of neighborliness in the midst of this stay at home order in Colorado. All of it with keeping our distance from each other but still interacting. Let’s see…
- Kevin brought a TV stand down for the play area in the basement the neighbor kids have devised. I have a TV for them but nothing to put it on. He got half a loaf of bread…and bless his heart also picked up essentials for me at Walmart. Vanilla ice cream, frozen ravioli and blueberries. Yes, those are essential!
- Emily came over and traded the bread I gave her and a bottle of bourbon for some TP and butter her hubs had scored at Costco. By traded I mean I left bread and booze on my bench and she put my stuff next to it. We talked through the door; our new normal.
- Amy placed some of the things I needed on her order with the local Kroger store and I gave her a couple slices of the bread, some olive oil and half of the precious TP I had just received from Emily! I’m not hoarding and I had enough to share at this point.
It’s a saying that’s been around for awhile, but it really does take a village to get through this doesn’t it? We hear a lot of anger and often rightly so, but I want to also never forget the generous and compassionate souls who are working diligently to help their neighbors and others in need.
Here’s to all emergency personnel and the typically unheralded grocery store employees and delivery people; to all the people who have to keep working to keep our country going. My heart-felt thanks, without you we would really be in a fix! ❤️❤️❤️
Now about this bread…because it’s really quite simple. The batter is mixed together and so is a bowl of brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. The batter and cinnamon mixture is simply layered in the bread pan; a cup of batter and then a quarter cup of the cinnamon mixture; three times ending up with the last of the cinnamon on top.
The glaze is mixed while the bread is baking and after it bakes and cools enough to be removed from the pans, it goes on top of the Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread. Let it cool a bit, slice and serve warm.
Was this Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze as good as a cinnamon roll from the bakery? We thought so; no it does not have that lighter yeastier taste and texture but it’s dang good and I figure I fed four families with two loaves of bread that cost me under $10…my frugal self never fails me. Of course it’s already gone…what should I make tomorrow?
I’m thinking about blueberry coffee cake from a recipe a friend gave me a dozen years ago. Sometimes I need to bake just for new photos and trust me, you can go look, this coffee cake is so good and new photos are a must!
Hungry for more quick, easy and delicious recipes? These are great too!
- 15 Minute Beer Pizza Dough – Seriously…beer and yeast make it rise fast and get in the oven quick!
- Spiced Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs – These are rubbed with spices and then broiled before being finished with a honey and vinegar glaze. So easy…dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- Lasagna in the Instant Pot – Another delicious dish in under thirty minutes!
- Easy Chicken Pesto Pot Pies – Take advantage of some prepared foods to get this finished in no time for your family meal.
PIN IT! ‘Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze’
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
For the Cinnamon Pecan Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, or walnuts, finely chopped
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbsps butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsps milk or half and half
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 9 inch loaf pans. Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of each pan and grease it.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and eggs until well incorporated and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk; beginning and ending with the flour. Start with 1 & 1/3 cups of the flour, then 1 cup of buttermilk, another 1 & 1/3 cups of flour, the remaining buttermilk and then adding the last 1 & 1/3 cups of flour. Mix after each addition just until well incorporated.
- Make the filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans in a small bowl.
- Using the prepared 9 inch greased loaf pans, place 1 cup of the batter into the bottom of each loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter. Repeat the layers 2 more times with the same amounts and end with the last 1/4 of cinnamon sugar as the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, cool 15 minutes before removing the loaves from the pan to a cooling rack.
- While the rolls are baking, whip the cream cheese and butter together. Stir in vanilla, corn syrup and lemon juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Pour in powdered sugar and stir slowly until it starts to incorporate; once incorporated, turn mixer to medium and mix well; scraping sides as necessary.
- Add the milk or half and half; starting with 2 Tbsps, until the mixture is thin enough to drizzle (don't let it get too runny)
- Once the bread has been removed from the pans drizzle the glaze over them using a fork.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g