A delicious adult beverage, this Mocha Shake with Strawberries is a summer delight!
My dilemma today? Valentine Cocktail or Super Bowl Cocktail? Both are important and since I LOVE the Broncos I went with this Adult Mocha Shake with Strawberries…next week though
I’ve got a fantastic party punch with oranges of course so stay tuned! Heck if you’re having a Super Bowl party and someone is in the mood I’m betting this one would be very popular; add a bit of vodka to make it more ‘game time’ than ‘romance time.’
I admit this is about as simple as it gets. Still, simple isn’t synonymous with bad; sometimes it can be anything but. For an after dinner cocktail that can also serve as a scrumptious dessert, it is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate liqueur, coffee liqueur and vanilla ice cream. I call it an adult shake but here’s a little secret. I would let my girls celebrate with me and make this for them. Yes, before they were 21.
Mom’s get to do that sometimes. Every night? A problem. Once or twice a year? Not really. 🙂
I’m certain I didn’t always have strawberries this time of year but they sure are everywhere now. These were organic berries; just beautiful, lush and very tasty.
They did speak Spanish but sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do for her Valentine, right? If you have a problem finding strawberries; simply garnish with some raspberries; they are equally wonderful with the chocolate in this shake.
I’ve made a similar cocktail just using chocolate liqueur but this time it was different. First, I had a bottle of Godiva’s latest entry into the spirits world, Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur.
I thought it could hold up well to some coffee liqueur and I still have some of my stash I made last year.
As mentioned, you could kick it up a notch with a bit of vodka but I was after a real dessert and this was perfect with the ruby red strawberries.
I first published this cocktail the year that I started Friday Cocktails and no I won’t show you that photo; I’m not surprised it was languishing in the depths of my blog.
Photos really can make a great drink or break it and I thought this one deserved a second chance; it’s a longtime family favorite I think you will love too.
Make this for those you love or make it for yourself…it’s easy, it’s scrumptious. It’s love!
Adult Mocha Shake with Strawberries
For the Rim
- 1 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
For the milkshake
- 2 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- 2 oz Dark Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 oz Coffee Liqueur
- Strawberries or Raspberries
- Chill two small couple or martini glasses. Remove from freezer and dip the rim of the glasses in some of the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Combine the cocoa and sugar and put on a plate; dip the glasses into the mixture so that it sticks to the rimmed liqueur.
- To Garnish. slice a strawberry about halfway from the bottom up towards the stem and slide it onto the edge of the glass. If using raspberries, slice a couple onto a cocktail pick and lay it across the rim.
- Mix the ice cream, chocolate and coffee liqueurs in a blender and pour into glasses.