Classic Rum Punch Cocktail
Rum Punch is a classic cocktail that evokes a vacation in the tropics. Rum and fruit juices join with a dash of colorful grenadine to create a flavorful and beautiful cocktail.
- 3 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2 ounces of orange juice
- 1 oz dark rum plus
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz spiced rum
- splash of grenadine
- ½ ounce dark rum to splash on top optional
- Lime slices
- Maraschino Cherries
In an ice filled glass, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice and rums. Gently stir.
Slowly pour in a splash of grenadine. I like to pour over a spoon that is upside down with the tip near the glass. The grenadine will sink to the bottom.
Splash 1/2 ounce of the dark rum on the top (optional).
Garnish with a slice of lime and a maraschino cherry. Pretend you're in the tropics.
To Make Grenadine:
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 lime (or lemon), juiced
- Combine the two ingredients over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer until the mixture thickens to your liking. If you overdo it, you can always add back in a bit of water.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly and then add the lime juice if using. Refrigerate until cold before adding to cocktails.
Serving: 1grams | Calories: 372kcal