Mexican Hot Chocolate with Tequila and Cayenne Pepper
A wonderful and warming cocktail for fall and winter with hot chocolate, tequila and cayenne pepper.
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 3 cups Milk I used 1% and it was good
- 1 and 1/2 bars Ibarra chocolate; broken into chunks
- 6 Tbsp Scharffenberger Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cane Sugar
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper start with 1/8 tsp and season to taste
- 4 ozs Tequila
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground Cinnamon for Garnish
Warm the milk in a medium size heavy saucepan on medium heat, watching carefully.
Add the Ibarra chocolate, the cocoa powder and the sugar.
Heat until the chocolate dissolves, whisking to combine all ingredients.
Season with the cayenne pepper. Start with 1/8 teaspoon and season to your taste.
Pour the warm milk into 2 large mugs and add 2 oz of tequila.
Top with whipping cream; sprinkle whipping cream with cinnamon.
Serving: 1grams | Calories: 666kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 213mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g