Hornitos Spiced Honey Tequila Sangria
Maybe one of the most fun parts about creating cocktails is putting together something as unexpected as this Spiced Honey Tequila Sangrai. It is amazing!
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 bottle of red wine I used Pinot Noir but any dry red wine you prefer will do
- 1 cup of Hornitos Spiced Honey Tequila
- ¼ cup of fresh squeezed juice
- ½ cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ to ½ cup of brown sugar depending on how sweet your wine is; add brown sugar to taste
- 1 orange cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 apple cored,cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 lime cut in half and sliced thin
- Sanding sugar Available at craft stores in the cake decorating aisle. I used regular and gold, mixed in equal proportions
- Additional orange apple and lime slices, quartered
Mix wine, tequila, lime juice and orange juice. Stir until thoroughly combined and the sugar has dissolved.
Add the orange, lime and apple slices; mix thoroughly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until well chilled (I let mine chill overnight).
To serve, rub the rim of each glass with a lime quarter then dip the rim in sanding sugar. Fill the glasses with ice and pour mixture into glasses. Garnish with slices of orange, apple and lime.
Serving: 18 | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 40mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g