Lemonade and Tequila Cocktail
A simple and crisp summer cocktail; I call it my Margarita Lite!
Servings 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz Hornitos® Plata Tequila
- 1 ½ oz Lemonade see notes to make your own
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- 1 ½ oz Ginger Ale
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the tequila, lemonade and lime juice and shake until ice cold.
Fill a Collins glass with ice; pour the contents of the shaker over the ice and top with Ginger Ale.
Stir. Garnish with a lemon slice and be sure to include a straw!
Use any lemonade you want but if you want to make your own like I did it's easy.
- 1 cup lemon juice (approximately 6 lemons)
- 3/4-1 cup simple syrup to taste (make simple syrup by combining 1/2 cup water with 1 cup sugar and heating til sugar dissolves. Add 1/2 cup of ice chips to mixture and stir; refrigerate if necessary.
- Combine the lemon juice and simple syrup in a pitcher and stir. BEST lemonade ever!