Posted by https://creative-culinary.com/the-old-fashioned-classic-cocktail-series/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
The Old Fashioned – A Classic Cocktail
- Orange and Lemon Peel
- Bitters (I used some Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters)
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz Maker's Mark Bourbon Whiskey
- Orange slices, lemon slices and maraschino cherries for garnish (again optional but I likey)
- Twist the orange and lemon peels over a cocktail shaker and drop into shaker. Add 2 dashes of bitters, 3/4 oz of simple syrup and ice. Stir well to mix all ingredients and pour into a lowball glass filled with ice.
- Add 2 oz of whiskey and stir.
- Garnish with fruit if desired.